Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Knitty and Alison...

When I was an undergrad, obviously I didn't have the same resources I do now to fuel my knitting addiction. While learning about designers, as I googled my favorite authors, I literally clicked onto knitty.com

My first knitty project was Alison Hansel's Leftovers vest. While the vest was ultimately frogged due to a sizing issue on my part, I have followed Alison's blog and patterns as well. She makes knitting sound so practical and part of her everyday world. It reminds me that there are many people out there who actually wear what they make, and enjoy making it, even when being part of a family seems to make the process go oh so slow. I also love her new Charmed Knits, not only for the Harry Potter fun, but also for the practical application of knitting technique found therein.

Later on, I actually finished, and wore, my Boogie vest, also from knitty. It is one of my favorites. And that isn't because its one of the only pieces of my work I've managed to make and keep for myself.

No comments: