Saturday, May 17, 2008

finished, and almost finished quilt tops



These two aren't large enough to exist on their own yet. But they make really nice center panels. I'm especially proud of the diagonals. My triangles lined up perfectly. The diagonal panels accent the birds in the lighter pink fabric. Pretty decent for my first try at both techniques. Soon there will be lazy pinwheels!


The brown and pink one will be quilted with a brown back. I wasn't sure it would work, but I ended up really happy with my panel work. Amazing what you can do with some strip piecing.

The two polka dot flower combos will be quilted with dark blue. I was really worried they wouldn't look right, but both are by far my favorite so far. They are both very loud, but it works. I'm not sure I'll get a good picture of either though.

While the etsy shop isn't getting up as quickly as I would have liked, I'm really happy with the work I'm doing. I think they will sell well.

1 comment:

breckster said...

They look lovely!

I'll have to talk to you about fabric stores. I found some in the garmet district but the fabric was costume at best.