Well... as you see, I haven't had the time to fix the chart in Magic Hat. Instead I've been frogging a mitten over and over again.
I'm working on another set of lovely mittens with a herringbone pattern. I adore them. But, I have no sense of color. I've used the pattern to make plain mittens, and use simple color patterns (black white). I just can't seem to come up with a complimentary set of colors on my own.
I tried a lovely set of pink and brown only to find my pink was too light and appeared more like a dirty cream. I also tried some great Cashmerino in grey blue and green only too find that I wanted to throw up when the pattern was knit in.
After three or four tries at this point, I've switched up my choices only to find that the grey blue matches with the brown so much better than I thought. It looks a bit like a tree without any leaves with the clear winter sky peaking through. And the pink outlines the green amazingly. It even matches my color scheme for my patterns (while you'll see if I ever find a file hosting site that I like).
I guess I'm back to having help with all my color choices. After five years, you'd think I had a better eye for what knits up well and what doesn't. I know it takes practice to learn color theory and see what goes together well, but I'm impatient.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment