If someone asks me for a knit gift, I'm really careful to choose something that I know they will like. Lots of times I'll have them help me pick out the fiber or pattern.
On the other hand, if no one asks, and I'm spontaneously knitting, I don't feel obligated to knit quite as closely to their taste. Especially when I'm trying a new pattern, and don't have an immediate need for that object, I really don't care if it gets worn, or loved, or passed on. The joy is more in the Finished Project. Or the Frogged Object as the case may be.
When I'm knitting for my nieces and nephews, I hope they like whatever comes off the needles, but most are too young to really get the whole handmade thing. My sister in laws, don't normally solicit knits. Maybe I haven't been in the family long enough... Maybe they don't like them. But once in a while I like to send something. A little I think about you.
But, when the day ends, if they don't like it or wear it, its ok.
I guess I'm a strange knitter.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment