My mom was recovering from hand surgery at the time and found that gloves helped her from getting cramps in her fingers. My brother, and I'll admit myself, found it funny that mom was wondering around in the middle of summer with gloves on, so I made her these.
The pattern is Fetching from Knitty. The yarn is an acrylic that is slightly fuzzy and surprisingly nice to work with. I chose it mostly because it washes very well; mom wanted something she could garden. Also, I wanted them to look more like an extension of a sweater sleeve than a mit, so I chose something with no stitch definition.
It may have even been my first cable project.
I've made so many of these. They are such a cute and QUICK project.
I was really happy to see them sitting on the windowsill when I went home for a holiday. AShe used to say she wouldn't use them because they were "too pretty" for everyday. I know the spot by the door means they get used though.
I like when she uses things I make instead of squirrels them away for safe keeping.
No comments:
Post a Comment