Saturday, January 5, 2008

The Man's Sweater

I am officially afraid of the sweater I'm knitting for my husband. I've cast it on five times now, and frogged it four. The box I've stashed the yarn in is even closed and getting covered with other yarn...While I'm hoping fifth time is a charm, I'm betting I'll rip it at least one more time on the body, who knows how many more on the yoke. (Its a bottom up raglan).
This time around I changed the needle size to help compensate for a not so equal to the called for yarn substitution. I finished the swatch almost a week ago, and haven't had the heart to check the new gauge and make sure it will work with my rewritten pattern.

I really should get to that, considering I'm hoping to finish the sweater while we are in California next week. A sweater in a week. Even for me that will be pushing it.
Maybe tonight I'll put it out and see how the new swatch works.

But just in case, I think I'll have my Koolhass near too. It is a good calming project for when I need to think about how to save this sweater.

No comments: