I finished my first square tonight. I went ahead and put it together in one giant swoop. The other 19 will be put together assembly line fashion, one chunk to the next.
Sometime next week (maybe even Sunday) all of the squares will get put together with a lovely two inch border of the green leafy bugs from the center nine patch.
The finished project should be a perfect fit for our bed and light enough for summer. I'm finishing just in time because the temperature seems to creep up a couple of degrees every night. While it doesn't sound like much, the difference between 20 at night and 32 is quite a bit when you think about it. We've already switched from flannel to cotton. In a month it will be time to put away the down comforter. And when the difference gets to be more like 96 and 100, it gets even more important what bedding you choose. I'm glad we'll have a new quilt this year.
Maybe next year I'll make one that isn't so "me" but a bit more "us". I'll have to start looking for fabric and a pattern this summer. All green of course.
No comments:
Post a Comment