I'm glad mom let me take it. I've really missed sewing on occasion. When she gave it to me I almost cried. I know it means a lot to her. It was also pretty powerful to sit there and realize I'm the fourth generation to sew on this machine.
I've been afraid to get it out and oil it because I'm afraid I'm going to mess it up. After doing it once, I don't think I'll hurt the machine. Its a really sturdy little piece of work. I do miss all the fancy things the Viking and Babylock can do, but I really like the simplicity of the Featherweight too. Plus it is half the size of the other machines. Seeing as my apartment is a third of the size as a "normal" house, I think a half size sewing machine fits in perfect.
Once I got the maintenance all done, I finished the centers for my Ladybug quilt. I now have 20 lovely nine patches. I know you can't really see the sketch for the finished quilt, but I'm exciting. It will be a giant practice in strip piecing. I'm sure I will be sick of it by the time I'm done, but I think it will go quickly. I hope so at least. I've already picked out a new pattern for a couple of baby quilts that I'm going to make. I need to get finishing things.
For my next trick, finding a large enough space to iron out the next set of fabric and a flat enough space to cut the strips.
PS: This is the quilt I fell in love with for my next baby blanket... I'm seeing Gold Stars. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment